What Documents do I Need to Bring?
Our volunteers are trained to only complete SIMPLE tax returns. This means we CANNOT complete returns with itemized deductions, self-employment, brokerage statements, and/or rental property income.
Please arrive at your appointment with all the documents that are needed to complete your tax return. If you do not have all your documents, you will be asked to make another appointment.
Examples of these documents include:
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Social Security Card for you, spouse, and dependents
- Driver’s license or government issued id
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Total amount paid for daycare provider and daycare provider’s tax identifying number
- 1095-A Form (Marketplace Insurance)
- IRS Identity Protection Pin (if required)
- Retirement Income Statements (1099-R)
- Social Security Income Statements (SSA-1099)
- Educational Expenses (1098-T)
- Interest Statements (1099-INT)
*1095-A: Health Insurance Marketplaces furnish Form 1095-A to individuals who enroll in a qualified health plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. If you do not have health insurance directly through your employer, please call 800-318-2596 to verify if you have marketplace insurance prior to your tax appointment.
*IRS Identity Protection Pin: Identity Protection PINs stop identity thieves from filing fraudulent tax returns. Taxpayers who participate in this program are assigned a six-digit number that they use to prove their identity when they file their federal tax return.
Note: If you have a 1095-A and/or Identity Protection Pin and do not provide this information at the time of filing your return, the IRS will not accept and process your return.
We can complete up to three years of past returns. If you have multiple years of tax returns that need to be completed, please make an appointment for each year.
For more information please contact Samantha Sager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-414-0856