United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) serves eight counties in the Big Bend with the mission to raise awareness, mobilize resources and find collaborative, targeted solutions for our community’s most vital concerns. We lead the communities we serve by engaging and connecting with others who share our commitment to helping our neighbors, friends, and colleagues who are living in poverty or struggling to make ends meet.
United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) is seeking an enthusiastic Community Impact Associate who will help UWBB achieve its goals and mission through our initiatives and supported programs within our eight-county footprint. Reporting to the Vice President of Community Impact, the CI Associate will provide programmatic and administrative support for the implementation of United Way’s work in the areas of Education, Income and Health. This position will have responsibilities related to UWBB initiatives, program partners, and special CI program events.
UWBB serves eight counties in the Big Bend area with the mission to raise awareness, mobilize resources and find collaborative, targeted solutions for our community’s most vital concerns. We lead the communities we serve by engaging and connecting with others who share our commitment to help our neighbors, friends and colleagues who are living in poverty and/or struggling to make ends meet.
Schedule: Part-time (25 hours/week)
Location: Tallahassee, FL (in-person)
- Assist in the development, implementation, and revision of programs, initiatives, and plans for improved efficacy of community impact
- Assist with the management of current systems to measure, quantitatively and qualitatively, the impact of UWBB initiatives and funded partner programs
- Assist in the collection of program outcome data and development of reports
- Become knowledgeable about components of organizational excellence, program quality and outcome measurement
- Work with CI team to help develop and implement effective volunteer strategies to achieve programmatic goals
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with all program, donor and proprietary information
- Represent UWBB in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and program partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enjoy communicating, leading and working with a diverse population
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet overlapping deadlines
- Meet challenges with resourcefulness and good judgment
- Problem solving skills; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
Required Experience and Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Contribute to building a positive team, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Connection to organization’s mission
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license required
- Workplace culture that is family-oriented and supports teamwork and collaboration
- Professional office setting – on-site position
- Physical demands: Sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting, regularly moving throughout the building between floors
- Occasional travel within UWBB neighboring county footprint
- Office Operating Hours: M-R 8:30 a.m.– 5:30 p.m., F 8:30 am-12:00 pm with some early morning, evening and weekend hours during peak times
- Regular use of standard office equipment
Excellent Benefits: Medical, retirement plan, pro-rated holiday time, half-day Fridays and one remote workday per week.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 29, 2023.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.