READ UNITED 2021
Mark your calendars for March 1 – 5, 2021. The Read United initiative provides volunteers an opportunity to share the love of reading with children in our communiy. We are proud to partner with first grade classrooms at Title I schools and early childcare programs across the Big Bend, resulting in countless smiles and widespread inspiration for reading. Each participating classroom will receive a set of books thanks to our Read United presenting sponsor, Culpepper Construction.
Become a Read United Virtual Volunteer:
With many things COVID has changed the way we host this event. This year, we are asking our volunteers to submit a recorded video of you reading 2 – 3 of our preselected, age appropriate books. Once you sign up to volunteer, further step by step details will be provided.
- Prop your phone up against something (using a book or whatever is around), or have someone film you. Make sure your phone is at eye level. Try and keep the phone within 4 feet if possible for audio recording.
- Frame yourself from the chest to the top of your head (or a couple of inches over your head)
- Position your phone HORIZONTALLY using the BACK facing camera (it is better quality than the front facing camera).
- Press record, then sit down to deliver your message. Make sure you PAUSE for a couple of seconds before and after you deliver your message. This helps us when editing out the beginning and end portions of the video when you are getting situated.
- Once you have done your video, please upload your video to this link:
For more information about READ UNITED, please contact Molly Lord at 850-414-0853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.