veryday thousands of people in our area struggle to buy healthy food, find affordable child care, secure a job that pays the bills, find access to healthcare and other essential needs. United Way is here to help.
Just as you would call 9-1-1 for emergencies, you can call 2-1-1 for human services information and assistance.
2-1-1 Big Bend is the quickest and best way to get information on how to get help; all you have to do is dial 211. If you are calling from outside of the Big Bend area, dial 877.211.7005.
What can 2-1-1 Big Bend do for me?
- Offers 24-hour crisis hotlines
- Assists with referrals to programs in the Big Bend area
- Provides specific information about volunteer opportunities
United Way funds 2-1-1 to help provide referrals to a wide variety of community services in the Big Bend Region. Services such as:
– Crisis Counseling
– Child Developmental & Behavioral Concerns
– Disability Screening & Services
– Employment Services
– Emotional Support Services/Counseling
– Family Planning
– Food Pantries
– Grief &Loss
– Health Services
– Legal Services
– Suicide Prevention
– Substance Abuse
– Troubled Teens
– Transportation and much more!
2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day. You do not have to be in crisis to call, there are no eligibility criteria, and their services are free. Let them help you navigate through the maze of services.
Because life is 24/7.
Learn more about 2-1-1 Big Bend by visiting www.211bigbend.org.