What to Bring


To have your taxes prepared and filed at a VITA site, please bring:

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)
  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
  • A copy of last year’s return, if available
  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • All Forms 1095, Health Insurance Statements
  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
  • Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
  • Letter 6419, 2022 Total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments
  • Letter 6475, Your 2022 Economic Impact Payment


Please have the following information available when you come to the VITA site:

  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents
  • Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
  • Total amount paid for daycare provider
  • The daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number


Please keep in mind: 

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.

For more information please contact Samantha Sager, at samantha@uwbb.org or 850-414-0856