UWBB is seeking a part-time Special Events & Affinity Group Coordinator who will work closely with the Resource Development Team to assist with the organization, logistics and successful execution of all UWBB events. Primary duties will include event set-up/breakdown, coordination of event marketing material needs, identification of sponsorship opportunities, drafting meeting minutes, and supporting general campaign events and efforts as needed. This position will also coordinate UWBB’s student campaign volunteer and fundraising efforts.
United Way of the Big Bend (UWBB) serves eight counties in the Big Bend area with the mission to raise awareness, mobilize resources and find collaborative, targeted solutions for our community’s most vital concerns. We lead the communities we serve by engaging and connecting with others who share our commitment to help our neighbors, friends and colleagues who are living in poverty and/or struggling to make ends meet.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be able to multi-task, meet deadlines
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent customer service skills when interacting with donors and volunteers
- Work well both independently and as a member of team
- Have flexibility to work evening and weekend events as needed
- Have a passion for mission-based work
Required Experience and Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or currently pursuing) in related field or equivalent combination of education and special event work experience
- A minimum of two years of special event experience
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license required
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30, 2021. The cover letter should outline qualifications and experiences, especially in the area of special event planning and execution.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Drug Free