What is YLS?
Young Leaders Society (YLS)- If you are interested in philanthropy, networking, professional development, and investing on our community then this is the group for you. YLS: where young professionals work together to make a stronger, safer, and healthier community.
*YLS works with individuals 40 and younger
To create hands on opportunities for YLS members to make a difference in our community.
YPC members will connect, serve, and lead our community. YLS will be the philanthropy outlet for young professionals.
An exclusive program for YLS’s Leadership Giving Circle members. Members can apply to be mentored by a community leader for an entire year. Mentor relationships are to help promote philanthropy, foster community leadership, and serve as a professional guide for members.
Breakfast with a Leader
Leadership Giving Circle and Emerging Leaders Circle members are invited to meet CEO’s and community leaders in a small setting to discuss professional and charitable goals.
Days of Doing
Days of Doing was created in 2010 to promote the spirit and value of volunteerism, increase the awareness of local service agencies, and demonstrate what people, working together for the community’s good, can accomplish. YPC will host 4 Days of Doing volunteer opportunities.
- Help For Hunger
- Feeding our communities hungry
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Offering a helping hand to someone in need
- Extreme Makeover: Agency Edition
- A one day community service makeover project full of painting, cleaning, decorating, and building.
- READ UNITED
- encourages a love of reading in students and provides a FREE BOOK to every 1st grade public school student in the Big Bend
Change for a Cause
YLS members will work together to raise funds and advocate for specific issues in our community.
Flick Football Tournament – YLS members will work with FSU and a football rival school to raise funds for YLS’s Days of Doing Read United.
Extreme Makeover: Corn Hole Edition – YLS members will enjoy a day of corn hole while raising funds and promoting our annual volunteer project Extreme Makeover: Agency Edition.
YLS Giving Levels
- Leadership Giving Circle – $1,000 annual investment (<$20 a week)
Member opportunities – LEAD UNITED, Breakfast with a Leader, and Days of Doing
- Emerging Leaders Circle – $500- $999 annual investment (<$10 a week)
Member opportunities- Breakfast with a Leader, and Days of Doing
- Champion Circle – $1 – $499 annual investment (as little as $1 a week)
Member opportunities- Days of Doing
*When completing your workplace campaign pledge card and make sure to check YLS member to be recognized.
Check out the…
News & Events (coming soon)
Become a YLS Leadership Giver today. Print, fill out and mail your completed YLS Pledge Form to 307 East 7th Ave., Tallahassee, FL 32303.