Advocate – Speak up
Advocacy is about more than signing petitions or writing letters to elected officials–it’s about understanding the issues, lending your voice, championing a cause, and promoting them to your family, friends, neighbors, and community.
Promote your United Way
Speak up and stand strong as someone who knows how to LIVE UNITED. Wear the LIVE UNITED shirt proudly in your community. Place a link on your website back to ours. Find the United Way of the Big Bend on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and watch us on YouTube. Let your voice be heard and show the Big Bend what it means to LIVE UNITED.
Here are some other examples how you can advocate:
- By volunteering in your community
- By advocating for working families with local government officials
- By making a donation to United Way
- By raising awareness of community issues
- By wearing the LIVE UNITED shirt
- By getting informed about programs in your community
- By donating food to local food drives
- The list is endless!